Investigating senior and management level staff.
Mystery Shopping is where an investigator poses as a real shopper/client/customer in order to evaluate several aspects of commercial (usually retail) establishments. Among other aspects, mystery shoppers can evaluate customer service, product availability, product pricing, product quality, store cleanliness, website operations and telephone customer service. After evaluating a business, the investigator then reports the findings to the companies that contracted them. The ideal mystery shopper is a Private Investigator.
I conduct investigations into senior and management level staff. These people have the potential to affect your business significantly – for good or bad.
Reasons to use Mystery Shopping services include:
- What does the customer think? They are the reason for the existence of the organisation; they pay the wages and all other costs. They are the real “boss”.
- Are the staff suitable for the position held? Are they doing their work properly
- Do staff need further training? Can their sales methods (presentation) be improved? Have they learnt and implemented what they were taught?
- Are the staff honest and telling the customers the truth?
- Avoiding problems with litigation. Companies can spot problems earlier and take remedial action. They can also prove that they have taken steps to avoid negligence should the issue be called into question during litigation.
- Monitoring customer service. Today, service has become more important than the products a company sells in some cases. In many major industries, competing companies offer the same products and only differentiate between themselves by the service provided that accompanies the product sale.
- Revealing company policy problems from the customer and staff perspective.
- What do staff really think? On a local or wider basis.
- Potential fraud and loss detection. This type of losses can be significant, and mystery shopping can uncover weaknesses in company procedures, which could be exploited by staff or customers.
- Business development opportunities. Valuable insights can be gained which will lead to improvements in market share and business generally.
- Rewarding outstanding employees and branches. Replicating their methods company wide.
How are your senior staff actually treating your customers? Do you know?
How easy do your customers find it to deal with your business?
What impression does interaction with your business leave in the mind of your customers? On the phone, in person at your store or premises, on the web?
Are your staff genuinely trying, but failing due to lack of knowledge and training in key areas of customer service?
My private investigation expertise, combined with high-level people interaction and assessment skills, interspersed with counseling, sales and business management experience means that I bring an unusual and intuitive blend of competence to the field of secret shopping.
While I can assess all kinds of staff from the shop floor to senior management, my focus is usually upon senior staff, supervisors and management. I am experienced in interacting with senior management and sales personnel – after all, these types of people can have a huge impact on an organisation & its profits.
It is vital that you know what your customers truly think about your business and what kind of experience they are having. With this knowledge, you will be able to increase your profitability, spot new business opportunities and grow your business together with its customer relationships.
I have found that there are a lot of poor performers out there. By fixing the problems found, companies have given themselves a significant competitive advantage over their rivals. Some of the problems are surprisingly easy to fix – if you know about them in the first place. Morale tends to flow down from the top. Likewise, if you have poor performers on the shop floor, it can usually be traced back to management. Yes, it is usually management’s fault in one way or another.
Some clients engage my services to mystery shop competitors for market research purposes. Such competitors are not usually expecting a visit from secret shoppers, and in any case I work in such a way as to avoid detection.
Just give me a call and you will find out things you need to know.
For an obligation free talk about your needs contact me today.
PS: I am a licensed Private Investigator.
Check my Private Investigator licence (number 41485) here:
Insert my name (Alex Webley or Alexander Webley), or my Private Investigator license number (41485) into the search fields and click ‘Search’ to verify. (Overseas readers note that the expiry date is Day/Month/Year).